WP 2FA is two-factor authentication (2FA) plugin for WordPress plugin for WordPress websites. It is very easy to use, and you can use it to configure 2FA policies on your websites. This getting started guide will help you configure 2FA for your WordPress user, and also configure 2FA for all the other users on your WordPress website.
Download and install the plugin
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the plugins page.
- Search for WP 2FA.
- Click the Install Now button next to the WP 2FA plugin description and activate it.
Configure 2FA for your own WordPress user
When you activate the plugin, a wizard starts automatically to help you configure 2FA for your user. Follow the guide setting up 2FA for your WordPress user for more detailed information on how to set.
Configure the plugin / site 2FA settings
Once you configure two-factor authentication (2FA) for your own WordPress user, you can configure the plugin settings through the wizard. These settings apply for the site-wide usage of 2FA. So through the wizard you can configure:
- Which two-factor authentication (2FA) methods can the users use,
- The two-factor authentication (2FA) policies,
- Which users or users with a specific role to exclude from the 2FA policies.
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is now configured on your WordPress site!
That is it. 2FA is now configured on your WordPress website. If you are enforcing 2FA on your site users, read how do the 2FA policies work on WordPress for more information on how the polices are enforced.