The WP 2FA plugin supports multiple two-factor authentication (2FA) methods which the users can use. As a site administrator, when you use our WordPress two-factor authentication plugin you can specify which of the methods can your users use or not use for their users.
Selecting the 2FA methods your site users can use
- Navigate to Settings > Two-factor Authentication entry in your WordPress dashboard menu.
- Untick any of the 2FA methods you do not want your users to use on your website.
- Click Save Changes to save the plugin settings.
What happens when you disable a 2FA method?
When you restrict a two-factor authentication (2FA) method:
- your team / site users cannot use it for their WordPress user,
- it will be deactivated for those users who are already using it and they have to reconfigure 2FA using another method.
Should you disable 2FA methods?
As explained in two-factor authentication and WordPress, there are several different methods available and some of them have been bypassed in the past. For example, it is not recommend using the HOTP method over email or SMS. However, it all depends on the website, its users and the requirements you might have to adhere to. So analyze the situation and choose the best 2FA methods that fit your requirements.
Last updated on May 30, 2022